News
Government pays GH¢10 billion DDEP interest

The Government of Ghana has paid GH¢10 billion in interest to bondholders under the Domestic Debt Exchange Programme (DDEP), according to a press release from the Ministry of Finance.
The Ministry announced on Wednesday, February 18, 2026, that the payment represents the sixth coupon settlement since the programme began.
It also marks the second time the government has made a full cash payment without using any Payment-In-Kind (PIK) component.
In the statement, the Ministry explained that the payment covers cedi-denominated coupon obligations under the DDEP.
It said the move is in line with the debt restructuring agreement and the government’s broader plan to manage public debt and restore fiscal stability.
According to the Ministry, the timely settlement sends a strong signal to both local and international investors that the country is committed to honouring its obligations.
It added that the payment is expected to boost market confidence and support Ghana’s credit outlook.
The Ministry further noted that the development will help strengthen financial sector stability, especially among banks and pension funds that hold government bonds.
It assured investors and the public that the government remains fully committed to meeting future DDEP obligations.
The Ministry said improved economic conditions, including declining inflation, lower interest rates, a stable cedi, and stronger financial buffers back this commitment.
By: Jacob Aggrey
News
President Mahama visits two survivors of Burkina Faso terror attack

President John Dramani Mahama this afternoon visited two survivors of Saturday’s Burkina Faso terrorist attack currently on admission at the 37 military hospital in Accra.
The survivors, were among Ghanaian tomato traders on board a truck, which was ambushed by armed bandits in northern Burkina Faso.
President Mahama, who was accompanied by his Chief of Staff, Julius Debrah, commiserated with the victims and assured them their bills will be absorbed by government.
The president, who was in Takoradi earlier in the morning to open the Minerals Commission’s Local Content Summit, went straight to the hospital from the airport to visit the injured traders.
Seven other Ghanaian traders were killed in the attack and have since been buried.



The survivors were successfully transported home by the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF).
News
Chief Justice finds no prima facie case in petitions against EC Chair and Special Prosecutor

The Chief Justice of Ghana, Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie, has ruled that petitions seeking the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, her Deputies, and the Special Prosecutor do not disclose a prima facie case.
President John Dramani Mahama had referred a total of ten petitions to the Chief Justice on November 25, 2025, following submissions from individuals and groups calling for the removal of the officials.
The petitions included seven against the Electoral Commission leadership and three against the Special Prosecutor.
In a letter to the President dated January 26, 2026, Justice Baffoe-Bonnie stated that the petitions did not establish sufficient grounds to warrant further investigations.
Felix Kwakye Ofosu, Minister and Spokesperson to the President, confirmed the decision, noting that no action will be taken based on the petitions.
By: Jacob Aggrey







