Hot!
Partisan policemen put Ghana’s stability at risk – Kofi Buah on clandestine plot to oust IGP

- /home/u249204778/domains/spectator.com.gh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://spectator.com.gh/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/ec07e1e5-f6af-4f17-8c51-8e5c7d751178.jpeg&description=Partisan policemen put Ghana’s stability at risk – Kofi Buah on clandestine plot to oust IGP', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/u249204778/domains/spectator.com.gh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://spectator.com.gh/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/ec07e1e5-f6af-4f17-8c51-8e5c7d751178.jpeg&description=Partisan policemen put Ghana’s stability at risk – Kofi Buah on clandestine plot to oust IGP', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Deputy Minority Leader, Emmanuel Armah Kofi Buah, has described as worrying the revelations made by former Northern Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Bugri Naabu, concerning hushed up discussions to oust the IGP.
In a leaked tape that has since gone viral in mainstream and social media, some influence-peddling policemen are heard soliciting the help of Bugri Naabu to convince President Akufo-Addo to oust the current Inspector General of Police, Dr. George Akuffo Dampare, so he can be replaced with someone more sympathetic to the cause of the ruling party.
This action, they suggested, will help the party rig the upcoming 2024 general elections to be able to retain power.
Bugri Naabu who has been speaking to the special parliamentary committee set up to investigate the audio tape has both authenticated the tape and named his co-conspirators.
Speaking to the media, Kofi Buah who had been following the proceedings expressed confidence in the committee to get to the bottom of the matter.
“Even with the first day of hearing, it is very clear that indeed as the testimony went – and I’m trying not to get into the work of the committee, but it’s very, very clear that the authenticity of the tape, that indeed this happened. That indeed there was an occasion where this tape was recorded and so I think that it confirms the worry I had, and I wish the committee well. I believe that they’ll get to the bottom of this issue and to make sure that all the fears of the people of Ghana who have listened to this tape are addressed,” he said.
He was however disappointed at the sheer lack of professionalism on the part of the policemen, calling their behaviour a matter of national concern.
“I mean, it should not happen in Ghana that people who have been entrusted at the highest levels, to basically protect and safeguard the interests of the people of Ghana and the stability of this country in terms of security, especially when it comes to elections, see themselves as basically working in the interest of a political party to basically ensure a certain outcome.
“That is a nightmare if indeed we have such characters in the Police Service who do not see themselves as professionals but as NPP party apparatchiks, then God should save our country. We must get to the bottom of this and I believe that this committee will do exactly that,” he said.
Source: Myjoyonline.com
Hot!
UGMC disputes Michael Blackson’s claims over late mother’s treatment

The University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) has disputed claims made on social media by comedian Michael Blackson concerning the treatment given to his late mother, saying a review found that the allegations did not accurately reflect what happened during her stay at the hospital.
In a statement issued in Accra on August 5, 2026, the management of UGMC expressed condolences to Mr. Blackson and his family over the death of his 83-year-old mother, who died at the facility on July 16, 2026.
The hospital said it had taken the concerns raised by Mr. Blackson seriously and conducted a thorough review in line with its clinical and administrative procedures.
According to the statement, the facts presented by Mr. Blackson on social media contained “numerous inaccuracies” and did not accurately reflect the medical care provided to his mother.
UGMC explained that she was referred to the facility from another hospital and received treatment there from May 27 to July 16, 2026, a period of about eight weeks.
The hospital stated that it would not release details of her diagnosis, treatment, medical records or other aspects of her care because it had a duty to protect patient confidentiality, even after death.
It said the decision was intended to respect the dignity of the deceased and the privacy of her family.
UGMC further stated that all clinical decisions at the facility are made by qualified healthcare professionals based on medical judgment, established standards of care and the best interests of the patient.
The statement added that such decisions are made in consultation with authorised family representatives where necessary and that billing and financial procedures are governed by institutional policies and are separate from clinical decision-making.
The hospital noted that it values feedback from patients and their families and considers both positive and negative comments important for improving the quality of care.
Mr. Blackson had earlier used social media to criticise the care his mother received at UGMC, prompting the hospital’s response.
By: Jacob Aggrey
Hot!
NPP suspends Greater Accra campaigns ahead of “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has directed all aspirants campaigning in the Greater Accra Region to suspend their campaign activities on August 5 and 6 and instead mobilise supporters for the party’s planned “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration.
The directive was issued by the party’s National Steering Committee in a statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, Justin Kodua Frimpong, on Tuesday.
According to the statement, the decision forms part of efforts to ensure a strong turnout for the demonstration, which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2026.
The party said the protest would begin at 5:00 a.m., with participants expected to gather at the Supreme Court in Accra.
It further directed Regional, Constituency and Polling Station Executives in Greater Accra to work closely to mobilise members and supporters for the event.
“The National Steering Committee is calling on all aspirants currently campaigning across the Greater Accra Region to temporarily suspend their campaign activities on the 5th and 6th of August and join in mobilising support for the upcoming demonstration,” the statement noted.
The NPP appealed to party members and supporters to remain peaceful, disciplined and orderly throughout the protest.
The demonstration forms part of the party’s response to concerns it has raised over issues relating to Ghana’s democratic governance and the justice system.
The NPP leadership expressed confidence that party members would cooperate fully to ensure a successful and peaceful event.
By: Jacob Aggrey
Entertainment1 week agoMiss Ghana 2026 winners presented to Tourism Minister
News1 week agoEight Injured after Toyota Hiace somersaults on Tema–Akosombo highway
- Features1 week ago
Environmental stewardship is an act of worship: The Islamic response to climate change, environmental degradation (Part 3)



