Connect with us

Hot!

I haven’t given up on politics – Fred Nuamah

Published

on

The Chief Executive Officer of Ghana Movie Awards Fred Nuamah has disclosed his strong desire to pursue his political ambitions despite withdrawing from the pending National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) Ayawaso West-Wuogon parliamentary primaries.

He explained to Graphic Showbiz in an interview on Tuesday, that his decision to pull out of the race, which has his close friend, actor John Dumelo, as his strongest contender is only a temporary withdrawal from frontline political activities.

Mr Nuamah mentioned that he is ready to serve his party in various capacities and is certain the future would take care of itself.

“While my decision to pull back from the Ayawaso West-Wuogon NDC parliamentary primaries might indicate a temporary break from my political ambitions, it doesn’t necessarily mean that I have given up on politics. No!”

Advertisement

“I will serve my party and Ghanaians in several ways and at different levels. The future will take care of itself,” he stated.

This comes after Mr Nuamh announced he was withdrawing from NDC’s Ayawaso West Wuogon parliamentary race.

This came as a surprise to many, particularly when Mr Nuamah was super enthusiastic in his pursuit of the Ayawaso West-Wuogon Parliamentary seat when he announced his intentions to contest in February this year.

His announcement did not only make headlines but ruffled some feathers, including that of his good friend, Mr Dumelo, who contested the seat on the ticket of the NDC in the last general elections and was still nursing the interest of going again.

Advertisement

A later announcement by Mr Dumelo in March raised concerns for one of them, especially when they are very good friends, to step down and support the other in the race.

However, Mr Nuamah, who was adamant initially, came out to say he had the blessings of Mr Dumelo to contest the Ayawaso West-Wuogon seat on the ticket of the NDC, following the latter’s decision to vie for a seat in another constituency.

In a sharp rebuttal, Mr Dumelo denied knowledge of Mr Nuamah’s claims and revealed that they were no longer friends, contrary to the perceived strong bond that Mr Nuamah had previously created in interviews during the heated moments.

However, speaking about the new development, Mr Nuamah told Graphic Showbiz that contrary to the widely held perception, his announcement to contest Mr Dumelo for the parliamentary seat in the primaries did not hurt their bromance.

Advertisement

“I believe that whatever happened has rather strengthened the bond we share. As I’m speaking to you now, I have already gotten in touch with my brother and I have extended my endorsement and support for his candidacy.

“We are working together to ensure a united and strong front for NDC’s success in the constituency. I will support John Dumelo’s campaign by rallying my supporters at all levels of the party in the constituency to support him,” he stated.

The NDC suspended the vetting of Mr Dumelo and Mr Nuamah for the constituency’s election in April. However, it seems the road is now clear, with Mr Nuamah out of the race.

Source:Graphic.com.gh

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Hot!

UGMC disputes Michael Blackson’s claims over late mother’s treatment

Published

on

The University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) has disputed claims made on social media by comedian Michael Blackson concerning the treatment given to his late mother, saying a review found that the allegations did not accurately reflect what happened during her stay at the hospital.

In a statement issued in Accra on August 5, 2026, the management of UGMC expressed condolences to Mr. Blackson and his family over the death of his 83-year-old mother, who died at the facility on July 16, 2026.

The hospital said it had taken the concerns raised by Mr. Blackson seriously and conducted a thorough review in line with its clinical and administrative procedures.

According to the statement, the facts presented by Mr. Blackson on social media contained “numerous inaccuracies” and did not accurately reflect the medical care provided to his mother.

Advertisement

UGMC explained that she was referred to the facility from another hospital and received treatment there from May 27 to July 16, 2026, a period of about eight weeks.

The hospital stated that it would not release details of her diagnosis, treatment, medical records or other aspects of her care because it had a duty to protect patient confidentiality, even after death.

It said the decision was intended to respect the dignity of the deceased and the privacy of her family.

UGMC further stated that all clinical decisions at the facility are made by qualified healthcare professionals based on medical judgment, established standards of care and the best interests of the patient.

Advertisement

The statement added that such decisions are made in consultation with authorised family representatives where necessary and that billing and financial procedures are governed by institutional policies and are separate from clinical decision-making.

The hospital noted that it values feedback from patients and their families and considers both positive and negative comments important for improving the quality of care.

Mr. Blackson had earlier used social media to criticise the care his mother received at UGMC, prompting the hospital’s response.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Hot!

NPP suspends Greater Accra campaigns ahead of “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration

Published

on

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has directed all aspirants campaigning in the Greater Accra Region to suspend their campaign activities on August 5 and 6 and instead mobilise supporters for the party’s planned “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration.

The directive was issued by the party’s National Steering Committee in a statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, Justin Kodua Frimpong, on Tuesday.

According to the statement, the decision forms part of efforts to ensure a strong turnout for the demonstration, which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2026.

The party said the protest would begin at 5:00 a.m., with participants expected to gather at the Supreme Court in Accra.

Advertisement

It further directed Regional, Constituency and Polling Station Executives in Greater Accra to work closely to mobilise members and supporters for the event.

“The National Steering Committee is calling on all aspirants currently campaigning across the Greater Accra Region to temporarily suspend their campaign activities on the 5th and 6th of August and join in mobilising support for the upcoming demonstration,” the statement noted.

The NPP appealed to party members and supporters to remain peaceful, disciplined and orderly throughout the protest.

The demonstration forms part of the party’s response to concerns it has raised over issues relating to Ghana’s democratic governance and the justice system.

Advertisement

The NPP leadership expressed confidence that party members would cooperate fully to ensure a successful and peaceful event.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending