Hot!
Beauty pageant organiser arrested for sexually abusing contestants

The organiser of Miss Rwanda beauty pageant has been arrested on allegations of sexually abusing contestants, the authorities have said.
The arrest of Dieudonné Ishimwe, the chief executive of Rwanda Inspiration Back Up, the company that organises the contest, comes just a month after this year’s edition.
Mr Ishimwe has not responded to the accusations against him.
The Miss Rwanda pageant is one of the most followed events in Rwanda.
An employee of the organising company told the BBC that four girls who contested last year and in this year’s edition had made complaints to investigators before his arrest.
“While the case was still under investigation, he was arrested on Monday”, she told the BBC under a condition of anonymity.
A state investigator is quoted by local media as saying that Mr Ishimwe “is suspected of sexual abuse charges towards Miss Rwanda contestants on different occasions”.
Leading one to sex acts “by force, threats, trickery or by use of authority over that person” is punishable by up to 15 years in prison in Rwanda.
The spokesperson of Rwanda Inspiration Back Up, who is the winner of Miss Rwanda 2019, resigned last week.
Source: BBC
Hot!
Education Minister outlines plan for free schooling for learners with special needs

Education Minister Haruna Iddrissu has announced that government is working to make education free for all learners with special needs, with funding expected to come from GETFund.
He shared the plan during a press briefing with the media.
According to him, an initial estimate shows that the policy will require between 65 million and 100 million cedis every year.
He noted that GETFund currently has a budget of 9 million cedis, and with proper adjustments, it should be possible for the fund to release about 100 million cedis every other year to support the policy.
Mr Iddrissu added that government is also committed to providing free tertiary education for all persons with disabilities.
He explained that the support will go beyond classroom learning and will include feeding and the provision of assistive learning devices for learners with special needs.
By: Jacob Aggrey
Entertainment
Prophet Joseph Atarah releases new video

Ghana’s singing Prophet, Joseph Atarah, has released a video for his new song dubbed ‘Increase’. The video was directed and shot by renowned director, Sky Web.
The motivational video exhibits captivating dance moves, set against the vibrant and beautiful city of Accra. Prophet Atarah co-wrote the song with Nana Boateng.
Touching on the message during an interview on Hitz FM’s Daybreak Hitz, he said, ‘Increase’ is a motivational song telling people not to give up in their present situation. According to him, with determination and a relentless desire to succeed, God will make everything beautiful.
“As you trust in God’s plan, remember that ‘INCREASE’ is on the way. Just as seeds grow into harvest, your faith is growing into abundance. God’s got you, and His increase is surrounding you,” he added.
Prophet Atarah resigned from the military band in 2006 after an encounter with God to start his prophetic ministry and commenced his music journey about four years ago.
By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme
Join our WhatsApp Channel now!
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbBElzjInlqHhl1aTU27



