Hot!
Ambulance case: Court of Appeal acquits and discharges Ato Forson

The Court of Appeal has acquitted and discharged Minority Leader, Hon. Cassiel Ato Forson in the ongoing Ambulance case.
The Court of Appeal has set aside the order for Dr. Ato Forson to open his defence by the trial Court in the ongoing ambulance case.
The Director of Legal Affairs of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Edudzi Tamekloe In an interview on the Breakfast Show following the Court of Appeal’s decision, explained that the appeal was filed after the trial court dismissed their submission of no case, ruling that a case had been made against the accused persons.
“What happened is that after the prosecution called their witnesses, lawyers for the accused persons did what we call ‘a submission of no case’. The Court dismissed the submission of no case and ruled that case has been made against the accused person, warranting them to open their defence,” he said.
According to him, “We appealed that decision for us to open our defence. It is that appeal that today, the court of appeal by a 2-1 majority upheld, thereby acquitting and discharging Dr Cassiel Ato Forson and Richard Jakpa.”
“By this, the court further ruled that the order by the trial court judge for the accused persons to open their defence is hereby set aside,” he added.
The High Court, Accra, on June 6 dismissed the application by Minority Leader, Cassiel Ato Forson for mistrial and to undertake an enquiry into the conduct of the Attorney General in the ongoing Ambulance case.
According to the trial judge, the minority leader had not shown any statute provisions that warrant a mistrial in this case nor to enquire into the affairs of the Attorney General.
Dr Ato Forson on Monday, June 3 filed a supplementary affidavit in support of the motion on notice for an order of mistrial, injunction and/or stay of proceedings in the ongoing ambulance case against him and two others.
Lawyers for the Ajumako-Enyan-Esiam legislator cited a leaked tape between the Attorney-General, Godfred Yeboah Dame, and the third accused, Richard Jakpa, in which the former allegedly attempted to coach the third accused to implicate Dr Ato Forson in the ongoing trial, for the application.
Ato Forson’s legal team in the affidavit, argues that the Attorney-General misconducted himself and called for the prosecution to be declared a mistrial.
“It has become necessary to file this affidavit in order to bring to the attention of the Court and in the interest of justice, certain pertinent, material and relevant matters that have a bearing on the fair and just determination of the current application,” they added.
“That I say that I have since filing the instant application had the opportunity of listening to a recording widely circulating in the media depicting the voices of the Attorney-General and A3 fervently discussing the evidence the Attorney-General will prefer the said A3 to adduce at the trial. At the hearing of the instant application, my counsel will seek leave of the court to have the said audio recording played in open court,” they stated.
The Minority Leader further argued that failure to order a mistrial in such circumstances, where there appears to be a blatant disregard for the rule of law and ethical standards of prosecution by none other than the Attorney-General, could severely undermine public confidence in the judicial process.
The Minority Leader subsequently filed an appeal at the Court of Appeal which has been has been upheld by the Court in a 2:1 majority decision.
Businessman Richard Jakpa, the third accused in the Ambulance trial has also been freed by the court.
Source: Citinewsroom.com
Hot!
Education Minister outlines plan for free schooling for learners with special needs

Education Minister Haruna Iddrissu has announced that government is working to make education free for all learners with special needs, with funding expected to come from GETFund.
He shared the plan during a press briefing with the media.
According to him, an initial estimate shows that the policy will require between 65 million and 100 million cedis every year.
He noted that GETFund currently has a budget of 9 million cedis, and with proper adjustments, it should be possible for the fund to release about 100 million cedis every other year to support the policy.
Mr Iddrissu added that government is also committed to providing free tertiary education for all persons with disabilities.
He explained that the support will go beyond classroom learning and will include feeding and the provision of assistive learning devices for learners with special needs.
By: Jacob Aggrey
Entertainment
Prophet Joseph Atarah releases new video

Ghana’s singing Prophet, Joseph Atarah, has released a video for his new song dubbed ‘Increase’. The video was directed and shot by renowned director, Sky Web.
The motivational video exhibits captivating dance moves, set against the vibrant and beautiful city of Accra. Prophet Atarah co-wrote the song with Nana Boateng.
Touching on the message during an interview on Hitz FM’s Daybreak Hitz, he said, ‘Increase’ is a motivational song telling people not to give up in their present situation. According to him, with determination and a relentless desire to succeed, God will make everything beautiful.
“As you trust in God’s plan, remember that ‘INCREASE’ is on the way. Just as seeds grow into harvest, your faith is growing into abundance. God’s got you, and His increase is surrounding you,” he added.
Prophet Atarah resigned from the military band in 2006 after an encounter with God to start his prophetic ministry and commenced his music journey about four years ago.
By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme
Join our WhatsApp Channel now!
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbBElzjInlqHhl1aTU27






