News
Retract Lexus gift allegation or face consequence- Sam George to NPP activist

- /home/u249204778/domains/spectator.com.gh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://spectator.com.gh/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/Sam-G-600x600.jpg&description=Retract Lexus gift allegation or face consequence- Sam George to NPP activist', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/u249204778/domains/spectator.com.gh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://spectator.com.gh/wp-content/uploads/2025/05/Sam-G-600x600.jpg&description=Retract Lexus gift allegation or face consequence- Sam George to NPP activist', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Minister for Communication and Digital Innovation, Samuel Nartey George is demanding a restraction and apology of speculations made against him regarding a vehicle gift.
According to Sam George, he has been falsely accused of a Lexus gift by New Patriotic Party (NPP) Activist, P.K Sarpong.
The minister is demanding an immediate removal of the said false publication from PK Sarpong’s Facebook wall.
Also, he is demanding a public retraction of the statement, issued in the same manner and to the same audience as the original publication and an unqualified apology.
In a letter from Sam George’s lawyers, they stated that “Our client has brought to our attention a publication made by you on your Facebook page, in which you falsely allege that Hon. Samuel Nartey George received a Lexus vehicle as a gift-purportedly in violation of a directive issued by H.E. John Dramani Mahama to his ministers. This statement is categorically false.”
The added “You are fully aware that your publication is devoid of truth. Nonetheless, you have proceeded to make this misinformation public, with the apparent intention of tarnishing the hard-earned reputation of our client. Such conduct is defamatory and injurious.”
On Facebook, a social media user and NPP activist, P.K. Sarpong alleged that the Ningo-Prampram MP had received the Lexus as a gift, in violation of President John Mahama’s recently launched Code of Conduct.
The directive frowns upon the acceptance of gifts by government appointees, as the President cautioned that it could compromise their integrity in office.
In the Facebook post, P.K. Sarpong claimed that Mr Sam George had been using an “unregistered vehicle” which is a “top of the range Lexus” vehicle, which he said was “a gift from someone to him.”
“Dear President John Dramani Mahama, Let me repeat, this unregistered Lexus your appointee is using is a gift to him!,” he wrote.
He added that he was keeping the gifter anonymous for now. “chest for now.”
However, Sam George described the social media publication as false and has subsequently, through his lawyers, stated that the publication by P.K. Sarpong was “categorically false.”
On the back of this, he is demanding that the author desist from making any more of what he considers defamatory comments against him, issue an apology, or face legal action.
News
Egypt to host inaugural Alamein Africa Forum in new Coastal Smart City

Egypt will host Africa’s new flagship business summit this October, as leaders from across the continent converge in the newly built smart city of New Alamein for the inaugural Alamein Africa Forum.
The forum is scheduled for October 2-4, 2026 in New Alamein, Egypt’s fourth-generation coastal megacity.
The city combines advanced infrastructure, modern residential districts, international universities, cultural landmarks, and major tourism and investment projects under one master plan.
Dubbed “the continent’s premier gathering where political power meets entrepreneurial prowess,” the forum is expected to bring together over 20 African Heads of State and Government, senior leaders from leading international and regional financial institutions, and key players driving transformation across Africa’s most critical sectors.
Co-organised by the Government of Egypt, African Export-Import Bank, and AUDA-NEPAD, the Alamein Africa Forum is designed as a permanent biennial platform to advance strategic partnerships and unlock investment across Africa and global markets.[Afreximbank]
The agenda will focus on sectors defining Africa’s future: infrastructure, energy, digital transformation, manufacturing, critical minerals, health markets, and intra-African trade*.
The programme will feature high-level plenary sessions, sector-focused panels, closed-door roundtables, and structured B2B and B2G meetings aimed at facilitating concrete deals and long-term partnerships.
Special sessions will also highlight Egypt’s role as a regional hub and gateway to African markets.
The inaugural forum will be held in parallel with the 2026 African Union Mid-Year Coordination Meeting and the 33rd Annual Meetings of Afreximbank.
Organizers say the forum will serve as a launchpad to translate the African Union’s 50-year strategic master plan, Agenda 2063, into concrete projects, policies and partnerships that will define Africa’s economic trajectory for the next decade.
“In an era of shifting alliances and rising volatility, Africa can no longer afford to be a bystander in decisions that shape its own economic future,” organizers stated.
The forum aims to place the private-sector agenda at the heart of AU decision-making, lower investment risk, unlock capital, and build cross-border partnerships to strengthen Africa’s resilience to external shocks.
Located on Egypt’s Mediterranean coast, New Alamein represents Egypt’s vision for smart, sustainable urban development. Hosting the forum there is expected to showcase the city as both a symbol of African modernization and a hub for investment and innovation.
By bringing public and private sector leadership into one alliance, the Alamein Africa Forum is positioned to become Africa’s go-to space for turning commitments into implementation.
By Chris KONEY, for Egyptian Embassy, ACCRA.
News
Gomashie urges Bono Region to leverage culture and tourism for growth

Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts Minister, Abla Dzifa Gomashie, has called on stakeholders in the Bono Region to raise the bar on professionalism and patriotism if the region is to unlock its full tourism potential.
Speaking during a familiarisation tour of the region, the Minister met with staff of the Centre for National Culture (CNC) and Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCs).
The engagement focused on how to position Bono as a leading cultural and tourism destination in Ghana.
Gomashie challenged public institutions to take a cue from the private sector by improving service delivery and embracing efficiency.
“Our institutions must be intentional about the way we serve the public,” she said, adding that “We need stronger collaboration and public-private partnerships to attract the right investment and build the tourism infrastructure that will make Bono competitive.”
The Minister urged MMDCs to work hand-in-hand with the Ministry and its agencies to identify, develop and promote key tourist attractions in their districts.
She also stressed the importance of preserving cultural heritage while creating an enabling environment for investors in tourism, culture and the creative arts.
The Minister added that “Tourism is not just about beautiful sites. It is about stories, about our heritage, and about the opportunities we create for our people.”
“This work we do today is not for ourselves alone. It is for Ghana and for generations yet unborn,” she noted.
Dzifa Gomashie further called on all stakeholders to build on the foundation inherited from previous leaders and leave behind a stronger, more vibrant sector.
The tour forms part of the Ministry’s efforts to decentralize tourism development and ensure every region benefits from Ghana’s growing creative economy.
By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme








