News
Trial for Adu-Boahene case to resume mid-October – Attorney-General’s office assures public

The Attorney-General’s office has assured the public that no evidence has been lost in the ongoing criminal trial of Republic v. Adu-Boahene and others.
This was revealed in a social media post by the Deputy Attorney-General, Justice Srem Sai, who said all the necessary documents to prosecute the four accused persons had been properly filed as of June 18.
According to him, the documents include contracts of sale, bank transfer records, bank account statements, property ownership papers, company registration documents, INTERPOL stolen vehicle records, purchase receipts, and caution and charge statements from each accused person.
He added that a flow chart showing the movement of money through various bank accounts and testimonies of three prosecution witnesses were also filed.
Justice Sai explained that certified copies of these documents had been served on each of the accused persons, making it unrealistic for the evidence to be lost in a way that could affect the trial.
He further revealed that before the courts went on legal vacation on July 31, the first prosecution witness had already testified and been cross-examined by lawyers for three of the accused persons.
The trial is expected to continue in mid-October when the courts return from the legal break.
By: Jacob Aggrey
News
At 2025 Sankofa National Prestige Honours …Ken Agyapong adjudged ‘Statesman of the Year’

Mr Ken Ohene Agyapong a flagbearer hopeful of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) was adjudged the Statesman of the Year at the 2025 Sankofa National Prestige Honours held in Accra on Thursday.
The award was in recognition of his role in redefining modern statesmanship through bold leadership, fearless advocacy, and unwavering service to the nation.
This recognition “belongs to the courageous builder, the unapologetic patriot, and the visionary who challenges Ghana to rise higher, even when it’s uncomfortable. You are honoured for redefining modern statesmanship through bold leadership, fearless advocacy, and unwavering service to the nation across political, economic, and social spheres,” a citation accompanying the award read.
Mr Agyapong who was the special guest of honour for the occasion was also presented with a plaque and certificate of honour.
Delivering the keynote address, he called on Ghanaians to return to the virtues of patriotism, honesty, discipline and love in order to rebuild national trust and advance development of the country.
Mr Agyapong said the symbolism of the Sankofa bird, which looked back while moving forward was a reminder that the nation’s future could not be secured without drawing from the wisdom of the past.

“Corruption has weakened trust, division has stolen unity, and short-term thinking has crippled long-term vision,” he stated. “Sankofa calls us now to return not to nostalgia, but to wisdom,”
Mr Agyapong who is also the immediate past Member of Parliament for the Assin Central Constituency, noted that Ghana stood at a crossroads, with an economy under strain, young people seeking opportunities abroad, and politics becoming more about power struggles than progress.
“This is the reality we must face not with despair but with determination. If we are bold enough to acknowledge our challenges, then we are strong enough to overcome them,” he declared.
He identified corruption as one of the country’s greatest enemies, stressing that “It is not merely the theft of money, but the theft of hope. When leaders enrich themselves dishonestly, ordinary citizens lose faith in hard work and in the state’s ability to protect their interests.”
To rebuild Ghana, he said the nation must first rebuild trust, adding that “Trust will come only when corruption is confronted without fear or favour. However, the responsibility did not rest on leaders alone but on all citizens, including traders, teachers, civil servants and students.”
Mr Agyapong urged the youth to resist shortcuts to success and to reject corruption as a norm.
“The egg of Sankofa is in your hands, the future of Ghana depends on your innovation, courage and sense of accountability,” he stressed.
He used the opportunity to express his gratitude to the organisers, stressing that “To the organisers, and to all who continue to believe in my vision, I say thank you. The journey continues, together, we will build a Ghana that works for all.”
News
Donations to August 6 tragedy fund hit GH₵3.57m and US$20,000- Presidency

The Presidency has announced that contributions to the Children Support Fund, created for the welfare of children who lost their parents in the August 6 helicopter crash, have reached GH₵3,576,600 and US$20,000.
The update, issued on Friday, August 29, 2025, said the amount represents donations received between August 19 and 28.
Major donors include Ghana Airport Ltd., ARB Apex Bank PLC, STL Foundation, Olam Agric, Fidelity Bank Ghana, ADB Bank, GLICO General Insurance and the National Insurance Commission.
According to a statement from the presidency issued Senior Presidential Advisor on Governmental Affairs and Coordinator of the Fund, Dr. Valerie Sawyerr indicated that
individual donors such as Kennedy Hedoe, Peter Adongo, Mensah Michael, Appaul Wiredu Lateef, Samuel Hodalor and Dauda Iddi also contributed.
The Presidency said donations can be made through Stanbic Bank Ghana accounts at the Stanbic Heights Branch, Accra.
It added that cheques and drafts should be addressed to “Children Support Fund 6825,” and noted that names of donors will continue to be published weekly.
The Children Support Fund was set up by government to secure the welfare and education of children affected by the crash.
By: Jacob Aggrey