Connect with us

News

Maurya Education relaunches key programmes to promote innovative learning in Ghana

Published

on

Maurya Education, an educational and technology development company operating primarily in West Africa with its headquarters in Accra has relaunched its flagship educational programmes, STEMROBO, UCMAS and MACS Connect, as part of efforts to promote innovative learning and equip learners with skills needed for the 21st century.

The relaunch, held at the GNAT Hall in Accra on Tuesday, June 16, 2026, brought together school leaders, educators, policymakers, parents, development partners and other stakeholders under the theme, “Education Beyond Boundaries: Inspiring Excellence Through Innovation.”

Speaking to journalists, the Director of Maurya Group, Mr. Girish Gurbani, announced the launch of the Maurya Learning Ability Profile Report (MLAP), a new assessment tool designed to identify the natural talents and abilities of learners.

He explained that the report would help children discover their strengths, guide them in choosing suitable career paths and enable teachers to better understand how students learn.

According to him, the assessment can be used by individuals of all ages and would provide valuable insights to support personal growth and development.

Advertisement

Mr. Gurbani said schools that partner with Maurya Education had shown strong interest in the programme, noting that some institutions were considering extending it to teachers, staff and family members.

He expressed optimism about the initiative, stating that it had the potential to transform the way children are taught and nurtured.

Touching on UCMAS, he said the programme had made a significant impact on children’s academic performance and overall development over the years.

He revealed that UCMAS would celebrate its 20th anniversary in Ghana next year, describing the programme as one that has stood the test of time because of its positive impact on learners.

Advertisement

Mr. Gurbani disclosed that Maurya Education continues to engage government agencies to expand access to its educational programmes, adding that successive governments had been supportive of initiatives such as UCMAS, STEMROBO and the newly launched MLAP.

The Sales and Marketing Manager of Maurya Education, Mr. Stephen Ofori, said the stakeholder engagement was organised to bring together key players in the education sector to discuss innovative approaches that could improve learning outcomes.

He stressed that education should be engaging, creative and enjoyable, providing opportunities for children to develop their full potential.

Mr. Ofori explained that the newly launched MLAP uses dermatoglyphics-based analysis to help identify a child’s innate talents and abilities.

Advertisement

He noted that Maurya Education offers a wide range of educational solutions, including STEMROBO programmes that integrate science, technology, engineering and mathematics into classroom learning.

According to him, the event also served as an opportunity to relaunch existing programmes while introducing new initiatives and engaging stakeholders on issues affecting education.

Commenting on Ghana’s education sector, Mr. Ofori said the future was promising but emphasised the need for parents and stakeholders to have access to accurate information when making educational decisions for children.

He disclosed that Maurya Education plans to expand its programmes across the country through direct engagement with schools and communities.

Advertisement

As part of this effort, he said similar stakeholder engagements would be held in Kumasi and Tamale to reach more schools and parents.

Mr. Ofori encouraged parents, schools and other stakeholders to embrace the opportunities offered by Maurya Education, describing the company as a one-stop provider of educational, skills development and technology solutions aimed at improving learning outcomes.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement

News

Tain residents in shock as husband allegedly  kills wife, commits suicide

Published

on

Residents of Brodi, a farming community in the Tain District of the Bono Region, have been left in shock and mourning following the alleged murder of a 45-year-old woman by her husband, who later died by suicide. 

According to information gathered by the Ghana News Agency (GNA), the suspect, popularly known as Kwabena Jack, believed to be in his 50s, allegedly attacked and killed his wife, Abena Donkor, while the couple were working on their farm on Monday, August 11, 2026. 

Mr Kingsley Obah, Assembly Member for the Brodi Electoral Area, confirmed the incident to the GNA. 

He explained that after news of the woman’s  death spread through the community, residents launched a search for the suspect. His lifeless body was later discovered in a nearby bush on Tuesday, August 12, 2026. 

Advertisement

Police have since conveyed both bodies to the Tain District Government Hospital, where they have been deposited for preservation and autopsy. 

Investigations into the incident are ongoing. -GNA 

Continue Reading

News

Chaos at Madina REDCO… Hawkers, preachers take over footbridge

Published

on

Hawkers taken over the pedestrian walkway on the footbridge

Hawkers and roaming preachers have taken over the five-metre high Madina REDCO footbridge and adjoining streets, making it increasingly difficult for pedestrians to use the facility intended to promote safe road crossing.

The traders have virtually turned sections of the footbridge into a marketplace, displaying their wares on the floor using jute sacks, plastic sheets and metal trays, while others have occupied both sides of the walkway with their merchandise.

Foodstuffs such as okro, garden eggs, pepper, onions, dried fish, smoked fish, grains, spices and other groceries are openly sold on the footbridge and along the roadside, forcing pedestrians to weave through the crowded path.

Clothing and fashion accessories including slippers, brassieres, panties, socks, bags and other household items are also displayed for sale, leaving only limited space for commuters to use.

Advertisement

The situation is worsened by the presence of itinerant preachers who position themselves on the footbridge with public address systems to evangelise, drawing crowds to further obstruct pedestrian movement.

Head porters are also seen crossing the highway through the median while carrying heavy loads instead of using the footbridge, exposing themselves to the danger of being knocked down by speeding vehicles.

Also, portions of the footbridge are showing signs of deterioration. Several metal railings are rusted, bent and loosely secured with pieces of wire, raising concerns about the safety of users, especially children, the elderly and persons with disabilities.

Sections of the concrete surface are worn and chipped, while makeshift wooden supports attached to parts of the structure suggest temporary repairs.

Advertisement

After a visit by The Spectator last week, it emerged that many commuters preferred crossing the busy Madina Highway instead of using the footbridge because of the congestion created by the trading and preaching activities.

For years, successive attempts by the police, the military and the La Nkwantanang Madina Municipal Assembly to address congestion around the REDCO and Zongo Junction enclave have yielded little success, with the area becoming notorious for roadside trading, indiscriminate parking and pedestrians refusing to use the footbridge.

A pedestrian, who gave her name only as Maame Yaa, described the situation as worrying, saying the footbridge, which was constructed to protect lives, had gradually lost its purpose because of the growing encroachment by traders and preachers.

According to her, many pedestrians were discouraged from using the facility because navigating through the crowded walkway had become difficult and uncomfortable.

Advertisement

She appealed to the La Nkwantanang Madina Municipal Assembly and other relevant authorities to intensify enforcement to prevent unauthorised trading and other activities on the footbridge and ensure it served its intended purpose of promoting pedestrian safety.

However, during the visit, personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) were seen carrying out a decongestion exercise to remove hawkers from sections of the roadside around the footbridge as part of efforts to improve public safety and ease the movement of both pedestrians and motorists.

The exercise forms part of a pilot project initiated by the Municipal Fire Commander for Madina, Division Officer II (DO II) Abdul Salia, who assumed command of the Madina Municipal Fire Station three months ago.

Speaking in an interview with The Spectator, DO II  Abdulai Salia, who is also a long time resident of the community, said the month long project began on July 1 and ended on July 31, with 30 firefighters deployed daily to regulate traffic, clear hawkers from the streets and footbridge, and create access for emergency vehicles.

Advertisement

Continued on page 12

By Esinam Jemima Kuatsinu

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending