Connect with us

News

Dzata Cement warns customers against fake products

Dzata Cement Limited has cautioned customers to be on the lookout for fake cement products being sold in its branded bags.

In a statement, the company said it had reviewed a video circulating online and confirmed that the cement shown was not genuine Dzata Cement.

It explained that fraudsters had tampered with its packaging by opening original Dzata bags, replacing the contents with inferior cement, and resealing them for resale.

The company stressed that the problem was not with its product quality but rather with criminal tampering.

Advertisement

It added that every bag produced at its factory undergoes strict quality checks before reaching the market.

Dzata Cement noted that counterfeiting and bag tampering have been long-standing challenges in the cement industry.

However, it said swift action had been taken with the help of law enforcement, leading to the arrest of some suspects, with investigations still ongoing.

The company advised customers to buy only from authorized distributors and retailers.

Advertisement

It also encouraged the public to report any suspicious or tampered bags to its hotline on +233 24 194 1846.

Dzata Cement thanked its customers for their trust and assured them of its commitment to producing high-quality cement made in Ghana while working with industry players to fight fraud.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement

News

Five aspirants file nominations for NPP presidential primary

NPP Presidential Candidates

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has announced that five aspirants have successfully filed their nominations to contest in the party’s upcoming presidential primary.

In a statement released on Thursday, August 28, 2025, the Presidential Elections Committee said the aspirants include former NPP General Secretary Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, Assin Central MP, Kennedy Ohene Agyapong, Minister of Food and Agriculture, Dr. Bryan Acheampong, Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, and Minister of Education Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum.

The Committee recalled that nominations were officially opened on Tuesday, July 29, 2025, by the General Secretary on behalf of the National Council for party members interested in vying for the flagbearer position.

It assured party members and the public that the process would be conducted in a transparent, credible, and fair manner, in line with the party’s constitution and regulations.

Advertisement

The NPP presidential primary is scheduled to take place on Saturday, January 31, 2026.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Continue Reading

News

Ghana Gas debunks claims by Oforikrom MP over Atuabo plant shutdown

The Ghana National Gas Company (Ghana Gas) has dismissed claims by the Member of Parliament for Oforikrom that the Atuabo Gas Processing Plant is still not working after a recent maintenance shutdown.

In a statement, the company said the reports being circulated on social and traditional media were “false and misleading.”

It explained that the planned maintenance was successfully completed ahead of schedule and in line with international safety and operational standards.

According to Ghana Gas, the plant was restarted on August 27, 2025, and has since been delivering gas safely to major consumers, including power producers and industries.

Advertisement

The company noted that the shutdown works involved calibration of safety systems, overhaul of the main transmission compressor, servicing of the heat medium system, and replacement of the system fluid as recommended by the manufacturers.

It added that in previous years, restarting the plant after such major works had taken at least 14 days, but this year the team managed to complete the process in just five days.

Ghana Gas described the achievement as proof of improved planning, efficiency, and technical excellence.

Management also revealed that both the Chief Executive Officer and the Deputy Chief Executive in charge of Technical and Operations had personally commended the technical team for the job done ahead of schedule.

Advertisement

Ghana Gas assured the public that the Atuabo plant is in good condition and continues to supply reliable gas to support national energy needs.

The company further urged the media and commentators to verify information from official sources before publication, stressing that unverified claims only mislead the public and create unnecessary panic.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending