Connect with us

Entertainment

Demolition of Fantasy Dome unfair — Mark Okraku-Mantey

Published

on

• Mark Okraku Mantey
• Mark Okraku Mantey

 Months after the Fantasy Dome was dismantled to make way for construction at the Ghana International Trade Fair site, the Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Mr Mark Okraku-Mantey, has expressed con­cern over the manner the facility was destroyed.

In an interview on Daybreak Hitz with Andy Dosty, Mr Okraku-Mantey criticised the handling of the dome’s dismantling, suggesting that it could have been done without causing damage.

“I don’t think that leadership gave instructions that they should do what happened. The structure was a prefab but I hear the peo­ple destroyed it. That one, we cannot defend it. It is unfair to him (owner). Sometimes, you give instructions and people will go and do things that will make you look bad,” he stated.

When asked about any punitive measure against the workers responsible for the destruction, Mr Okraku-Mantey clarified that the Trade Fair does not fall under his ministry.

Advertisement

He said he had previously con­tacted the owner, Leslie Quaynor, to discuss relocating the dome, and even suggested the National Museum as a potential site, though it was too small.

The demolition of the 20,000-seat­er Fantasy Dome occurred on March 16, 2024.

According to Dr Agnes Adu, CEO of the Ghana Trade Fair Company Limit­ed, the action was taken after multiple notic­es were given to Quaynor to vacate the premises for redevelopment, as per their tenancy agreement.

Dr Adu noted that all previous tenants had complied except for the Fantasy Dome.

Advertisement

Quaynor, in an interview with JoyNews, confirmed that his lease had ended, and was in the process of relocating the dome.

He had requested an extension, which was denied, leading him to seek a writ and an injunction from an Accra High Court to halt the demolition.

Despite this, the demolition pro­ceeded, causing significant damage to the structure.

Quaynor described the incident as a major setback, not only for his busi­ness but also for the entertainment industry, which relies on venues like the Fantasy Dome.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Entertainment

Miss Tourism Ghana princesses dazzle patrons at Regional Costume & Talent Night show

Published

on

Miss tourism queens on the runway

It was a night of colour, culture and creativity as Miss Tourism Ghana successfully held its Regional Costume & Talent Night in Accra.

The event drew fashion lovers, culture enthusiasts, and proud supporters who came out to witness Ghana’s beauty queens represent their regions on one grand stage. 

From the moment guests stepped in, the atmosphere was electric, ushering,

Okra, Zabe, Gina, Akpe, Sela, Afia,Asher and Ajua into the auditorium to mesmerize patrons.

Advertisement

The blistering night, commenced with a breathtaking regional costumes rocked by contestants that told stories of Ghana’s traditions from, african print, kente, smock, batakari, beads and other indigenous fabrics.

 Each outfit with beautiful local accessories to match was paired with confidence, poise, and pride.

The night then shifted gears into the talent segment. The audience was treated to powerful performances traditional dance, spoken word, fashion, singing, and drama all centered on promoting Ghana’s tourism and heritage.

The judges were stunned with the various displays and passed favorable commentaries encouraging the contestants to keep giving their all.

Advertisement

 Patrons left with unforgettable moments, and the contestants delivered to their expectations.

Organisers of Miss Tourism Ghana congratulated all the amazing participants who took part and urged them to forged ahead strongly before the grand final.

They also, encouraged families and friends to keep their favourite in the competition through their campaigns and votes.

The search for Ghana’s next tourism ambassador is officially on, and the competition is getting tighter with each stage.

Advertisement

Beyond the glamour, Miss Tourism Ghana continues to use the platform to market Ghana’s tourist sites, culture and hospitality to the world. 

The Regional Costume & Talent Night served as both entertainment and education, reminding Ghanaians of the beauty in our diversity.

By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

MOG Music to headline Ransomed Ministries Ghana’s Total Worship 2026

Published

on

Gospel artiste, MOG

Renowned gospel minister Nana Yaw Boakye known in showbiz circles as MOG Music is set to headline the 2026 edition of Ransomed Ministries Ghana’s Total Worship, September 20, 2026, at the ICGC Jesus Temple in Koforidua.

The annual worship experience aimed at bringing believers together for an evening of praise, prayer and spiritual renewal.

Themed: ‘Jesus Be the Name – Yeshua Hu Ha-Shem,’ seeks to remind believers that, regardless of life’s circumstances, Jesus remains their hope, strength and salvation.

Joining MOG Music on the Total Worship 2026 lineup are acclaimed gospel ministers Alexandrah and Sandra Harley, alongside other worship leaders who will lead attendees in an atmosphere of heartfelt praise, prayer and intimate worship.

Advertisement

Ransomed Ministries Ghana is a non-denominational Christian ministry committed to bringing together and nurturing talents in music, choreography, drama, literature and other creative arts for the advancement of God’s Kingdom.

According to the organisers, Total Worship is more than a musical gathering. It is a platform designed to create an atmosphere where lives can be transformed through worship, while providing an opportunity for people from different backgrounds and Christian communities to unite in exalting the name of Jesus Christ.

By Spectator Reporter

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending