Connect with us

Hot!

2 in police grips for alleged premix diversion in Keta

Published

on

Some two persons have been arrested by the Keta Police for their involvement in the alleged diversion of premix fuel meant for Keta fisherfolks in the Volta Region.

A driver and the Secretary of the Nukpesekope Landing Beach Committee, Jeoffrey James Ocloo, were picked up on Tuesday morning in the Keta Municipality. 

The two are currently helping the police investigations to unravel the case. 

According to Augustine Ocloo, a resident in Keta, he was informed that a Goodness Energy fuel tanker with registration number, GT 5422 Z, was spotted parked around the Nukpesekope premix fuel depot on Tuesday morning.

Advertisement

He said the driver, however, drove off without discharging fuel, a development which rose suspicion of residents of a possible diversion.

“We detailed a vehicle to monitor the tanker. What is surprising is that the Nukpesekope Landing Beach Committee Secretary, Jeoffrey James Ocloo, who is close to the MCE had signed the waybill. The Chief fisherman who is sick and bedridden had his portion also signed”, he narrated.

“We monitored the tanker, which stopped at Afiadenyigba junction, moved and stopped at Avalavi, then to Abor. We, therefore, concluded that the fuel had been diverted so we called in the Police who arrested the driver.” 

He further indicated that “the driver then called suspect Jeoffrey James Ocloo who upon arriving at the scene said ‘the issue should be settled here’, but I objected to his suggestion and indicated that we must find where the fuel was sent. Already, the seal on the tanker was broken”. 

Advertisement
2 in police grips for alleged premix diversion in Keta
The broken seal

Jeoffery was subsequently arrested together with the driver and sent to the Keta Police Station, where the two were put behind bars. 

The Goodness Energy tanker is also parked at the premises of the Keta Divisional Police Command. 

The Keta Divisional Police Commander, Chief Supt Leonard Abakah, declined to comment on the case indicating that he had just received the docket of the case hence would need time to study it before speaking to the media, when Joy News contacted him.

2 in police grips for alleged premix diversion in Keta
The Goodness Energy tanker parked at the premises of the Keta Divisional Police Command.

Residents are, however, demanding the National Premix Committee investigate the distribution of fuel to the Keta Municipality within the last 3 months.

They are of the conviction that the majority of the fuel meant for Keta Municipality fisherfolks might have been diverted for the parochial gains of a few. 

“We residents of Keta rely heavily on fishing to support our livelihood but we hardly get supply of the fuel. We are suspecting the fuel meant for us were diverted, the authorities must investigate this”, said Senyo Christian Mawulorm, a Mofa Rep on the Nukpesekope Premix Committee 

Advertisement

 The Keta Municipal Chief Executive, Emmanuel Gemegah, acknowledged receipt of the news of the alleged premix fuel diversion but said he can’t speak to the media about the incident until he returns to Keta.

“I am currently in Accra in a meeting with authorities at the Ghana Ports and Harbors Authority. I don’t have enough information so I can’t speak to the incident until I return to Keta”, he said to Fred Quame Asare in a telephone conversation. 

Source: www.adomonline.com

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Hot!

UGMC disputes Michael Blackson’s claims over late mother’s treatment

Published

on

The University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) has disputed claims made on social media by comedian Michael Blackson concerning the treatment given to his late mother, saying a review found that the allegations did not accurately reflect what happened during her stay at the hospital.

In a statement issued in Accra on August 5, 2026, the management of UGMC expressed condolences to Mr. Blackson and his family over the death of his 83-year-old mother, who died at the facility on July 16, 2026.

The hospital said it had taken the concerns raised by Mr. Blackson seriously and conducted a thorough review in line with its clinical and administrative procedures.

According to the statement, the facts presented by Mr. Blackson on social media contained “numerous inaccuracies” and did not accurately reflect the medical care provided to his mother.

Advertisement

UGMC explained that she was referred to the facility from another hospital and received treatment there from May 27 to July 16, 2026, a period of about eight weeks.

The hospital stated that it would not release details of her diagnosis, treatment, medical records or other aspects of her care because it had a duty to protect patient confidentiality, even after death.

It said the decision was intended to respect the dignity of the deceased and the privacy of her family.

UGMC further stated that all clinical decisions at the facility are made by qualified healthcare professionals based on medical judgment, established standards of care and the best interests of the patient.

Advertisement

The statement added that such decisions are made in consultation with authorised family representatives where necessary and that billing and financial procedures are governed by institutional policies and are separate from clinical decision-making.

The hospital noted that it values feedback from patients and their families and considers both positive and negative comments important for improving the quality of care.

Mr. Blackson had earlier used social media to criticise the care his mother received at UGMC, prompting the hospital’s response.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Hot!

NPP suspends Greater Accra campaigns ahead of “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration

Published

on

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has directed all aspirants campaigning in the Greater Accra Region to suspend their campaign activities on August 5 and 6 and instead mobilise supporters for the party’s planned “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration.

The directive was issued by the party’s National Steering Committee in a statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, Justin Kodua Frimpong, on Tuesday.

According to the statement, the decision forms part of efforts to ensure a strong turnout for the demonstration, which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2026.

The party said the protest would begin at 5:00 a.m., with participants expected to gather at the Supreme Court in Accra.

Advertisement

It further directed Regional, Constituency and Polling Station Executives in Greater Accra to work closely to mobilise members and supporters for the event.

“The National Steering Committee is calling on all aspirants currently campaigning across the Greater Accra Region to temporarily suspend their campaign activities on the 5th and 6th of August and join in mobilising support for the upcoming demonstration,” the statement noted.

The NPP appealed to party members and supporters to remain peaceful, disciplined and orderly throughout the protest.

The demonstration forms part of the party’s response to concerns it has raised over issues relating to Ghana’s democratic governance and the justice system.

Advertisement

The NPP leadership expressed confidence that party members would cooperate fully to ensure a successful and peaceful event.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending