Connect with us

Hot!

372,780 students placed under CSSPS

Published

on

372, 780 students have automatically been placed by the Computerised School Selection Placement System (CSSPS).

The statement released by the Ghana Education Service this year’s indicated that students were automatically placed in at least one school of their choice.

The figure represents 69.24 per cent of the total number of 538,399 students who qualified for admission to Senior High School for 2023/24 academic year.

However, the remaining 165, 619 representing 30.76 per cent of the students who qualified are expected to undertake self-placement to secure a school.

Advertisement

In a joint news con ference of the Ghana Education Service and the Technical Voca tion Education Training (TVET) Service in Accra yesterday, the Director-General of the GES, Dr Eric Nkansah, said following the West Africa Examination Council’s release of the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) results for 2023, the service took delivery of the data and started with the placement.

According to him, in all 547,329 candidates took part in the examination out of which 538,399 candidates qualified to be placed. Out of the figure, 372,780 were placed automatically in one of their choice schools, while the remaining 165,619 could not be matched with any of their choice schools.

“All such students are, therefore to do self-placement to select from available schools,” he emphasised.

The Director-General noted that schools selected on the self-placement portal could be changed as many times as a candidate would wish on the portal until he or she was enrolled in a school of choice.

Advertisement

He said per the 2023 academic calendar, the first years were to report to school on February 20, and begin with their registration and commence academic work.

Dr Nkansah said to reduce the stress of parents a grievance solution centres had been set up at all the regional education offices, however, at the national level, the solution centre would be set up at the Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) Hall at Adabraka.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Hot!

UGMC disputes Michael Blackson’s claims over late mother’s treatment

Published

on

The University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) has disputed claims made on social media by comedian Michael Blackson concerning the treatment given to his late mother, saying a review found that the allegations did not accurately reflect what happened during her stay at the hospital.

In a statement issued in Accra on August 5, 2026, the management of UGMC expressed condolences to Mr. Blackson and his family over the death of his 83-year-old mother, who died at the facility on July 16, 2026.

The hospital said it had taken the concerns raised by Mr. Blackson seriously and conducted a thorough review in line with its clinical and administrative procedures.

According to the statement, the facts presented by Mr. Blackson on social media contained “numerous inaccuracies” and did not accurately reflect the medical care provided to his mother.

Advertisement

UGMC explained that she was referred to the facility from another hospital and received treatment there from May 27 to July 16, 2026, a period of about eight weeks.

The hospital stated that it would not release details of her diagnosis, treatment, medical records or other aspects of her care because it had a duty to protect patient confidentiality, even after death.

It said the decision was intended to respect the dignity of the deceased and the privacy of her family.

UGMC further stated that all clinical decisions at the facility are made by qualified healthcare professionals based on medical judgment, established standards of care and the best interests of the patient.

Advertisement

The statement added that such decisions are made in consultation with authorised family representatives where necessary and that billing and financial procedures are governed by institutional policies and are separate from clinical decision-making.

The hospital noted that it values feedback from patients and their families and considers both positive and negative comments important for improving the quality of care.

Mr. Blackson had earlier used social media to criticise the care his mother received at UGMC, prompting the hospital’s response.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Hot!

NPP suspends Greater Accra campaigns ahead of “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration

Published

on

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has directed all aspirants campaigning in the Greater Accra Region to suspend their campaign activities on August 5 and 6 and instead mobilise supporters for the party’s planned “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration.

The directive was issued by the party’s National Steering Committee in a statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, Justin Kodua Frimpong, on Tuesday.

According to the statement, the decision forms part of efforts to ensure a strong turnout for the demonstration, which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2026.

The party said the protest would begin at 5:00 a.m., with participants expected to gather at the Supreme Court in Accra.

Advertisement

It further directed Regional, Constituency and Polling Station Executives in Greater Accra to work closely to mobilise members and supporters for the event.

“The National Steering Committee is calling on all aspirants currently campaigning across the Greater Accra Region to temporarily suspend their campaign activities on the 5th and 6th of August and join in mobilising support for the upcoming demonstration,” the statement noted.

The NPP appealed to party members and supporters to remain peaceful, disciplined and orderly throughout the protest.

The demonstration forms part of the party’s response to concerns it has raised over issues relating to Ghana’s democratic governance and the justice system.

Advertisement

The NPP leadership expressed confidence that party members would cooperate fully to ensure a successful and peaceful event.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending