Connect with us

Entertainment

Ghana Music Awards-USA outlines programmes for 2021

Published

on

Organisers of the annual Ghana Music Awards-USA (GMA-USA) have outlined programmes for the second edition of the scheme.

According to them, the research team had started work this January, to pave way for nominees announcement in March 2021.

“There would be a call for nomination for Ghanaian musicians based in the United State of America, and for Ghanaian artistes the research team will look out for artistes who qualify to make the cut, and present them to the academy and the board,” he revealed. 

Speaking to The Spectator in an interview, the Chief Executive Officer,(CEO) of Ghana Music Awards-USA, Mr Dennis Boafo said, the nominees announcement would be made in Ghana.

Advertisement

He added that in all, they were looking at about 32 categories to honour hard working musicians who have excelled in the year under review, adding that Male and Female Artistes of the Year remained the ultimate.

Mr.Boafo said the main event is scheduled for 7 August 2021,at Tropicana Hotel in Atlantis City,New Jersey,United States of America

He disclosed that the three-day event would start on Friday, August 6, with a media soiree, then on August 7, a beach party, followed by red carpet and the main event.

The Sunday which is August 8, would be earmarked for other events to wrap up the awards.

Advertisement

Talking about challenges faced, he said, organising such events are  capital intensive and difficult, due to the need to satisfy two communities, a move which calls for numerous logistics.

Mr Boafo,  posited that the longevity of the scheme would go a long way to promote Ghana music to the rest of the world, and therefore called on all and sundry to support the scheme.

According to him, aside awarding deserving artistes, the scheme serves as a tool to promote Ghanaian artistes in America.

“This present avenues to take artistes on tour in America, and also serve as a bridge between Ghanaian musicians based in the USA, and those in Ghana,” he added.

Advertisement

Also, he said, there are opportunities to help Ghanaian artistes collaborate with other world heavyweights among others things in the entertainment industry to ensure growth.

He revealed that their exploits are not limited to music, but also reaching out to the needy in society with Samsung tablets and other learning gadgets.

GMA-USA, powered by Don’s Music Production, was launched in January, 2020 at the 915 NJ-73 MT Laurel Township, New Jersey 08054 in the United States of America.

By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Bussiness

Shatta Wale bags two awards at 43rd IRAWMA Awards

Published

on

Shatta wale

Ghanaian dancehall artiste Charles Nii Armah Mensah, known as Shatta Wale, has won two awards at the 43rd International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA) held in Florida over the weekend. 

He picked up the Best African Dancehall Entertainer award as well as Concert of the Year for ShattaFest. 

In a statement, Shatta Wale’s management expressed appreciation to the organisers and supporters of the awards. 

“Management would like to sincerely appreciate the organisers of the IRAWMA awards for the recognition and continuous support for African music on the global stage.  

Advertisement

“We also extend our deepest gratitude to fans across the world, especially the Shatta Movement fraternity, for their unwavering support, votes, and dedication throughout the years,” the statement said. 

The statement added that the latest wins reaffirm the artiste’s position as one of Africa’s leading musical exports and a prominent figure in global dancehall culture. 

The awards bring Shatta Wale’s total haul at the IRAWMA to 11, highlighting his continued presence on the international reggae and dancehall scene.

At last year’s edition, he won three awards: Best African Dancehall Entertainer, Best Music Video for “Killa Ji Mi”, and Best Crossover Song for “Commando” featuring Bounty Killer. -GNA

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Herty Borngreat announces comeback after 13-year absence

Published

on

Versatile artiste, Herty Bongreat

 Legendary gospel artist Herty Ofori Borngreat is officially returning to the music scene after a 13-year hiatus, her management announced Wednesday.

The surprise announcement ends over a decade of absence from the music industry for the celebrated singer.

According to an official statement released by her management team, the upcoming comeback will feature a rollout of new music projects and various spirit-filled initiatives aimed at inspiring hope and connecting with believers globally.

“We are delighted to officially announce that Herty Ofori Borngreat is making a highly anticipated return to the gospel music scene,” the management team noted in a statement, expressing deep gratitude to fans and partners for their unwavering loyalty during her long absence. 

Advertisement

They added, “We are confident that this comeback will be both impactful and memorable.”

Management has urged fans, the media, and the global gospel community to follow her official social media platforms for update.

 No specific dates have been set for the first single, but updates are expected in the coming weeks.

By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme 

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending