Connect with us

Entertainment

Di Asa season 4: Dee Baby to embark on sensitisation campaign

Published

on

A caterer, Dee Baby who was adjudged winner of the just ended plus size dance reality show, dubbed Di Asa organised by Atinka TV, has pledged to embark on a sensitisation campaign.

Dee Baby, who represented the people of Tamale in the Northern Region beat all 14 finalists to be crowned the winner at the grand finale held at the Grande Arena-Accra International Conference Centre on Monday, December 28.

For her prize, she took home a brand new Hyundai Accent, a popcorn machine from Sambot Industry, a cash prize and other prizes from the sponsors of the show.

Fafa, who came second received a brand new Mini-Truck (Abosey Okai Macho), a cash prize and prizes from the sponsors of the show.

Advertisement

For the third position, two of the finalists had the same marks after votes were collated together with the marks from the judges.

The two, Maame and Naa Dollar who jointly occupied third position jointly were both given a tricycle (Aboboyaa) respectively and other prizes from the sponsors.

The fifth position went to Amonor who also had a cash prize and products from the sponsors.

Speaking exclusively to The Spectator, Dee Baby said, “it feels good, I don’t know what to say, it was competitive, but I believed and saw myself as the winner of the competition, and at the end of it all, it came to pass,” she said.

Advertisement

Dee Baby disclosed that this is the time for her to work hard and change the perception of the people of the Northern Region about reality shows, and the need to get involved.

As part of this, Dee Baby said she would organise education campaigns among other activaties to ensure religion did not become a hindrance to participating in such programmes, especially Di Asa.

“This is the time I am going to work, Northerners, I have to get them involved, some have this mentality about such programmes because of their religious beliefs. I am going to organise and change the perception,” she said.

According to her anytime reality shows like Di Asa visited the enclave for auditions it was always difficult for people to volunteer due to religious beliefs  among others, adding that husbands do not willingly allow their wives to take part, thinking they would be exposed.

Advertisement

Dee Baby believes that such programmes have some positive societal impacts and must be encouraged to bring transformation.

By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Bussiness

Shatta Wale bags two awards at 43rd IRAWMA Awards

Published

on

Shatta wale

Ghanaian dancehall artiste Charles Nii Armah Mensah, known as Shatta Wale, has won two awards at the 43rd International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA) held in Florida over the weekend. 

He picked up the Best African Dancehall Entertainer award as well as Concert of the Year for ShattaFest. 

In a statement, Shatta Wale’s management expressed appreciation to the organisers and supporters of the awards. 

“Management would like to sincerely appreciate the organisers of the IRAWMA awards for the recognition and continuous support for African music on the global stage.  

Advertisement

“We also extend our deepest gratitude to fans across the world, especially the Shatta Movement fraternity, for their unwavering support, votes, and dedication throughout the years,” the statement said. 

The statement added that the latest wins reaffirm the artiste’s position as one of Africa’s leading musical exports and a prominent figure in global dancehall culture. 

The awards bring Shatta Wale’s total haul at the IRAWMA to 11, highlighting his continued presence on the international reggae and dancehall scene.

At last year’s edition, he won three awards: Best African Dancehall Entertainer, Best Music Video for “Killa Ji Mi”, and Best Crossover Song for “Commando” featuring Bounty Killer. -GNA

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Herty Borngreat announces comeback after 13-year absence

Published

on

Versatile artiste, Herty Bongreat

 Legendary gospel artist Herty Ofori Borngreat is officially returning to the music scene after a 13-year hiatus, her management announced Wednesday.

The surprise announcement ends over a decade of absence from the music industry for the celebrated singer.

According to an official statement released by her management team, the upcoming comeback will feature a rollout of new music projects and various spirit-filled initiatives aimed at inspiring hope and connecting with believers globally.

“We are delighted to officially announce that Herty Ofori Borngreat is making a highly anticipated return to the gospel music scene,” the management team noted in a statement, expressing deep gratitude to fans and partners for their unwavering loyalty during her long absence. 

Advertisement

They added, “We are confident that this comeback will be both impactful and memorable.”

Management has urged fans, the media, and the global gospel community to follow her official social media platforms for update.

 No specific dates have been set for the first single, but updates are expected in the coming weeks.

By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme 

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending