Connect with us

Hot!

Security assured at Odwira festival – MCE

Published

on

Barima Awua Sarpong Asiedu Larbi (2)

Barima Awua Sarpong Asiedu Larbi

The Akuapem North Municipal Chief Execu¬tive (MCE), Barima Awua Sarpong Asiedu Larbi has stat¬ed that adequate measures had been taken to ensure a peaceful celebration of the Odwira Festival.
The festival which will begin on September 25 and end on the October 1, 2023 is celebrated by the chiefs and people of Akuapem.
Mr Asiedu”s made this prom¬ise at the parading of Odehye Kwasi Akuffu popularly Known as Joe Ferrel as the Paramount Chief of Akuapem during the funeral of the late Odehye Gladys Abena Otema Ohene at Akropong last Saturday.
At the funeral, Odehye Akoffu who was dressed in the costume of an omanhene danced to traditional music, after which he spoke to the mourners, proclaiming himself as the Okuapemhene.
His speech led to confu¬sion between his followers and those of the Oseadeoyo Kwasi Akuffu III, the gazetted Okuapemhene who would be presiding over the Odwira festival for the first time in six years.
The timely intervention of the police, however restored order.
After an emergency mu¬nicipal security committee meeting, on August 15, Barima Asiedu Larbi told the press that although calm has been restored, all the necessary security measures had been taken to ensure a peaceful celebration of the Odwira festival.
He, therefore, urged all Akuapems in the diaspora to embark on a homeward journey to join relatives and friends to celebrate the fes¬tival during which Oseadeoyo Kwasi Akuffu III would be climbing into the Palanquin for the first time in six years.
“We have handled security issues very well to maintain peace, although we have spent over GH¢2million on it in the past few years which should have gone into the provision of social amenities for the people.
“l, however, believe that the current peaceful atmo¬sphere will continue to enable the assembly utilise its finan¬cial resources on infrastructur¬al amenities,” the MCE stated.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Hot!

Education Minister outlines plan for free schooling for learners with special needs

Published

on

Education Minister Haruna Iddrissu has announced that government is working to make education free for all learners with special needs, with funding expected to come from GETFund.

He shared the plan during a press briefing with the media.

According to him, an initial estimate shows that the policy will require between 65 million and 100 million cedis every year.

He noted that GETFund currently has a budget of 9 million cedis, and with proper adjustments, it should be possible for the fund to release about 100 million cedis every other year to support the policy.

Advertisement

Mr Iddrissu added that government is also committed to providing free tertiary education for all persons with disabilities.

He explained that the support will go beyond classroom learning and will include feeding and the provision of assistive learning devices for learners with special needs.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Prophet Joseph Atarah releases new video

Published

on

Prophet Joseph Atarah
Joseph Atarah

Ghana’s singing Prophet, Joseph Atarah, has released a video for his new song dubbed ‘Increase’. The video was directed and shot by renowned director, Sky Web.

The motivational video exhibits captivating dance moves, set against the vibrant and beautiful city of Accra. Prophet Atarah co-wrote the song with Nana Boateng.

Touching on the message during an interview on Hitz FM’s Daybreak Hitz, he said, ‘Increase’ is a motivational song telling people not to give up in their present situation. According to him, with determination and a relentless desire to succeed, God will make everything beautiful.

“As you trust in God’s plan, remember that ‘INCREASE’ is on the way. Just as seeds grow into harvest, your faith is growing into abundance. God’s got you, and His increase is surrounding you,” he added.

Advertisement

Prophet Atarah resigned from the military band in 2006 after an encounter with God to start his prophetic ministry and commenced his music journey about four years ago.

By Edem Mensah-Tsotorme

Join our WhatsApp Channel now!
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbBElzjInlqHhl1aTU27

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending