Hot!
Pull the brakes, stop the hypocrisy and comply with party laws – Boakye Agyako tells NPP

- /home/u249204778/domains/spectator.com.gh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 27
https://spectator.com.gh/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/WhatsApp-Image-2021-10-05-at-11.24.07-636x424-1.jpeg&description=Pull the brakes, stop the hypocrisy and comply with party laws – Boakye Agyako tells NPP', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
- Share
- Tweet /home/u249204778/domains/spectator.com.gh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mvp-social-buttons/mvp-social-buttons.php on line 72
https://spectator.com.gh/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/WhatsApp-Image-2021-10-05-at-11.24.07-636x424-1.jpeg&description=Pull the brakes, stop the hypocrisy and comply with party laws – Boakye Agyako tells NPP', 'pinterestShare', 'width=750,height=350'); return false;" title="Pin This Post">
Former Energy Minister, Boakye Kyeremateng Agyarko, has expressed worry over happenings in thing the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP).
According to him, the recent recurrence of violence among some factions of the party leaves much to be desired.
Mr Agyarko believes these incidents are a culmination of built-up disregard for party regulations that have been brushed under the carpet for too long.
Speaking on Accra-based Peace FM, he insisted that the wanton disregard for view and hierarchy has allowed the chaos to fester, leading to the unfortunate developments now unfolding.
He said the NPP’s National Executive Council (NEC) has a crucial role in forestalling any further disturbance.
“National Executive and national council must stop the indifference, the hypocrisy. We know people are breaking the law, but we seem unconcerned,” he said.
For instance, in the New Abirim constituency, a fierce fight broke out at the Dodoworaso polling station on March 1, 2022.
The NPP Youth Organiser in the area sustained cutlass wounds amid the incident during the recent polling station election.
Frank Ayim was attacked by one Alfred believed to be close to the MP for the area.
Issues such as these do not sit well with Boakye Agyarko, who has already expressed interest in leading the party into the 2024 general elections as a flagbearer.
He wants the NEC and national council to “pull the brakes and recognise that what is going on will not help us.”
“Wisdom is not the preserve of a few. But, if we all discuss the situations from the bottom up, we can bring change,” he said.
While preferring solutions, the former Minister believes that focus must be channelled into assessing the party’s new direction to keep the party away from soiling its image.
The distribution of nomination forms for prospective contestants in polling station executive elections turned chaotic at the New Patriotic Party (NPP)’s Manhyia North constituency in the Ashanti Region last month.
The February 20 incident started when supporters protested a decision by the constituency executives to sell the forms to them when they had already been paid for by Benard Antwi Bosiako, the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the party.
Although the executives explained that Chairman Wontumi paid for 1000 forms to be given to incumbent polling station officers, the prospective polling station executives refused to accept this explanation.
Source: www.myjoyonline.com
Hot!
UGMC disputes Michael Blackson’s claims over late mother’s treatment

The University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) has disputed claims made on social media by comedian Michael Blackson concerning the treatment given to his late mother, saying a review found that the allegations did not accurately reflect what happened during her stay at the hospital.
In a statement issued in Accra on August 5, 2026, the management of UGMC expressed condolences to Mr. Blackson and his family over the death of his 83-year-old mother, who died at the facility on July 16, 2026.
The hospital said it had taken the concerns raised by Mr. Blackson seriously and conducted a thorough review in line with its clinical and administrative procedures.
According to the statement, the facts presented by Mr. Blackson on social media contained “numerous inaccuracies” and did not accurately reflect the medical care provided to his mother.
UGMC explained that she was referred to the facility from another hospital and received treatment there from May 27 to July 16, 2026, a period of about eight weeks.
The hospital stated that it would not release details of her diagnosis, treatment, medical records or other aspects of her care because it had a duty to protect patient confidentiality, even after death.
It said the decision was intended to respect the dignity of the deceased and the privacy of her family.
UGMC further stated that all clinical decisions at the facility are made by qualified healthcare professionals based on medical judgment, established standards of care and the best interests of the patient.
The statement added that such decisions are made in consultation with authorised family representatives where necessary and that billing and financial procedures are governed by institutional policies and are separate from clinical decision-making.
The hospital noted that it values feedback from patients and their families and considers both positive and negative comments important for improving the quality of care.
Mr. Blackson had earlier used social media to criticise the care his mother received at UGMC, prompting the hospital’s response.
By: Jacob Aggrey
Hot!
NPP suspends Greater Accra campaigns ahead of “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has directed all aspirants campaigning in the Greater Accra Region to suspend their campaign activities on August 5 and 6 and instead mobilise supporters for the party’s planned “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration.
The directive was issued by the party’s National Steering Committee in a statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, Justin Kodua Frimpong, on Tuesday.
According to the statement, the decision forms part of efforts to ensure a strong turnout for the demonstration, which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2026.
The party said the protest would begin at 5:00 a.m., with participants expected to gather at the Supreme Court in Accra.
It further directed Regional, Constituency and Polling Station Executives in Greater Accra to work closely to mobilise members and supporters for the event.
“The National Steering Committee is calling on all aspirants currently campaigning across the Greater Accra Region to temporarily suspend their campaign activities on the 5th and 6th of August and join in mobilising support for the upcoming demonstration,” the statement noted.
The NPP appealed to party members and supporters to remain peaceful, disciplined and orderly throughout the protest.
The demonstration forms part of the party’s response to concerns it has raised over issues relating to Ghana’s democratic governance and the justice system.
The NPP leadership expressed confidence that party members would cooperate fully to ensure a successful and peaceful event.
By: Jacob Aggrey




