Connect with us

Hot!

Della Sowah holds townhall meetings with key groups in Kpando Municipality

Published

on

Della Sowah addressing a group of people at the lorry station

Member of Parliament for Kpando Constituency, Mrs.Della Sowah has held successful town hall meetings with key groups in Kpando Municipality.

The meetings were non-partisan in nature and geared towards the development of the Municipality.

Della Sowah (secod from left) in a group photograph with some of the participants

According to the Member of Parliament, such meetings were crucial for it served as a platform to be on the same page with people in the constituency in the area of development.

“I am thankful to all the participants for attending the meetings in person or virtual.I am very thankful to the entire participants,” she said.

The former Deputy Minister of Gender, Children and Social Protection,  said she was optimistic that Kpando Municipal would continue to get significant contributions from diverse groups in the future.

Advertisement

“We have been fortunate to have a renowned identity from academics, diplomacy, legal, political, industry, and other areas,” Mrs.Sowah said.

She expressed her gratitude to all for sharing some of the finest ideas to help the development agenda of the constituency and added that she was inspired and look forward to working with all groups to put the ideas into action for the good and development of the area.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Hot!

UGMC disputes Michael Blackson’s claims over late mother’s treatment

Published

on

The University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) has disputed claims made on social media by comedian Michael Blackson concerning the treatment given to his late mother, saying a review found that the allegations did not accurately reflect what happened during her stay at the hospital.

In a statement issued in Accra on August 5, 2026, the management of UGMC expressed condolences to Mr. Blackson and his family over the death of his 83-year-old mother, who died at the facility on July 16, 2026.

The hospital said it had taken the concerns raised by Mr. Blackson seriously and conducted a thorough review in line with its clinical and administrative procedures.

According to the statement, the facts presented by Mr. Blackson on social media contained “numerous inaccuracies” and did not accurately reflect the medical care provided to his mother.

Advertisement

UGMC explained that she was referred to the facility from another hospital and received treatment there from May 27 to July 16, 2026, a period of about eight weeks.

The hospital stated that it would not release details of her diagnosis, treatment, medical records or other aspects of her care because it had a duty to protect patient confidentiality, even after death.

It said the decision was intended to respect the dignity of the deceased and the privacy of her family.

UGMC further stated that all clinical decisions at the facility are made by qualified healthcare professionals based on medical judgment, established standards of care and the best interests of the patient.

Advertisement

The statement added that such decisions are made in consultation with authorised family representatives where necessary and that billing and financial procedures are governed by institutional policies and are separate from clinical decision-making.

The hospital noted that it values feedback from patients and their families and considers both positive and negative comments important for improving the quality of care.

Mr. Blackson had earlier used social media to criticise the care his mother received at UGMC, prompting the hospital’s response.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Hot!

NPP suspends Greater Accra campaigns ahead of “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration

Published

on

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has directed all aspirants campaigning in the Greater Accra Region to suspend their campaign activities on August 5 and 6 and instead mobilise supporters for the party’s planned “Democracy Under Attack” demonstration.

The directive was issued by the party’s National Steering Committee in a statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, Justin Kodua Frimpong, on Tuesday.

According to the statement, the decision forms part of efforts to ensure a strong turnout for the demonstration, which is scheduled for Thursday, August 6, 2026.

The party said the protest would begin at 5:00 a.m., with participants expected to gather at the Supreme Court in Accra.

Advertisement

It further directed Regional, Constituency and Polling Station Executives in Greater Accra to work closely to mobilise members and supporters for the event.

“The National Steering Committee is calling on all aspirants currently campaigning across the Greater Accra Region to temporarily suspend their campaign activities on the 5th and 6th of August and join in mobilising support for the upcoming demonstration,” the statement noted.

The NPP appealed to party members and supporters to remain peaceful, disciplined and orderly throughout the protest.

The demonstration forms part of the party’s response to concerns it has raised over issues relating to Ghana’s democratic governance and the justice system.

Advertisement

The NPP leadership expressed confidence that party members would cooperate fully to ensure a successful and peaceful event.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending