News
Water supply to be disrupted in Tema and Accra due to emergency repairs- Ghana Water Limited

Residents in Tema Metropolis and several parts of Accra will experience a temporary interruption in water supply following damage to a major transmission pipeline serving the Kpong Treatment Plant.
Ghana Water Limited (GWL) announced on Thursday, August 28, 2025, that the damage had forced an immediate shutdown of the plant to allow for emergency repair works.
The repairs, which have already begun, is expected to last three days.
According to GWL, the affected areas include Ashaiman, Gbetsele, Akatamanso, Klagon, Lashibi, Baatsonaa, Spintex, parts of East Legon, and nearby communities.
The company has advised customers in these areas to store enough water while supply is still available.
GWL encouraged essential service providers, especially schools and hospitals, to contact them for support during the period through their hotlines, WhatsApp numbers, or social media handles.
The company assured the public that water supply would be restored immediately after the completion of the repair works.
It also apologised for the inconvenience and thanked customers for their patience and understanding.
By: Jacob Aggrey
News
Trial for Adu-Boahene case to resume mid-October – Attorney-General’s office assures public

The Attorney-General’s office has assured the public that no evidence has been lost in the ongoing criminal trial of Republic v. Adu-Boahene and others.
This was revealed in a social media post by the Deputy Attorney-General, Justice Srem Sai, who said all the necessary documents to prosecute the four accused persons had been properly filed as of June 18.
According to him, the documents include contracts of sale, bank transfer records, bank account statements, property ownership papers, company registration documents, INTERPOL stolen vehicle records, purchase receipts, and caution and charge statements from each accused person.
He added that a flow chart showing the movement of money through various bank accounts and testimonies of three prosecution witnesses were also filed.
Justice Sai explained that certified copies of these documents had been served on each of the accused persons, making it unrealistic for the evidence to be lost in a way that could affect the trial.
He further revealed that before the courts went on legal vacation on July 31, the first prosecution witness had already testified and been cross-examined by lawyers for three of the accused persons.
The trial is expected to continue in mid-October when the courts return from the legal break.
By: Jacob Aggrey
News
MoGCSP extends urgent support to victims of land dispute clashes

The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has provided relief to families displaced by violent land dispute clashes in Gbenyiri in the Sawla-Tuna-Kalba District of the Savannah Region.
The conflict, which occurred on Wednesday, August 27, 2025, left several people dead and forced many women, children, and households to seek refuge at a temporary camp managed by the Ghana Red Cross at the Sawla District Police Headquarters.
Leading the delegation, Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection, Dr. Agnes Naa Momo Lartey, distributed cooked meals and water to the victims and assured them of government’s continued support.
She said the Ministry would activate emergency interventions under the Social Protection Act, including food relief, psychosocial services, and protection measures to safeguard the vulnerable.
The Minister emphasised government’s commitment to restoring dignity and hope to affected families, stressing that women, children, and the elderly must not bear the heaviest burden of conflict.


She expressed gratitude to President John Dramani Mahama for prioritizing vulnerable populations and commended the Ghana School Feeding Secretariat and its caterers for mobilizing meals quickly for the displaced.
As part of her mission, Dr. Lartey, accompanied by the Savannah Regional Minister, paid a courtesy call on the Sawlawura to strengthen collaboration with traditional and regional authorities.
She urged calm, encouraging all parties to resolve the conflict peacefully through dialogue.
The Ministry is working with the Savannah Regional Security Council (REGSEC), NADMO, the Ghana Red Cross, and other partners to ensure continuous delivery of food, shelter, and essential services until normalcy is restored.
By: Jacob Aggrey