Connect with us

News

Ghana Gas debunks claims by Oforikrom MP over Atuabo plant shutdown

The Ghana National Gas Company (Ghana Gas) has dismissed claims by the Member of Parliament for Oforikrom that the Atuabo Gas Processing Plant is still not working after a recent maintenance shutdown.

In a statement, the company said the reports being circulated on social and traditional media were “false and misleading.”

It explained that the planned maintenance was successfully completed ahead of schedule and in line with international safety and operational standards.

According to Ghana Gas, the plant was restarted on August 27, 2025, and has since been delivering gas safely to major consumers, including power producers and industries.

Advertisement

The company noted that the shutdown works involved calibration of safety systems, overhaul of the main transmission compressor, servicing of the heat medium system, and replacement of the system fluid as recommended by the manufacturers.

It added that in previous years, restarting the plant after such major works had taken at least 14 days, but this year the team managed to complete the process in just five days.

Ghana Gas described the achievement as proof of improved planning, efficiency, and technical excellence.

Management also revealed that both the Chief Executive Officer and the Deputy Chief Executive in charge of Technical and Operations had personally commended the technical team for the job done ahead of schedule.

Advertisement

Ghana Gas assured the public that the Atuabo plant is in good condition and continues to supply reliable gas to support national energy needs.

The company further urged the media and commentators to verify information from official sources before publication, stressing that unverified claims only mislead the public and create unnecessary panic.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement

News

Trial for Adu-Boahene case to resume mid-October – Attorney-General’s office assures public

The Attorney-General’s office has assured the public that no evidence has been lost in the ongoing criminal trial of Republic v. Adu-Boahene and others.

This was revealed in a social media post by the Deputy Attorney-General, Justice Srem Sai, who said all the necessary documents to prosecute the four accused persons had been properly filed as of June 18.

According to him, the documents include contracts of sale, bank transfer records, bank account statements, property ownership papers, company registration documents, INTERPOL stolen vehicle records, purchase receipts, and caution and charge statements from each accused person.

He added that a flow chart showing the movement of money through various bank accounts and testimonies of three prosecution witnesses were also filed.

Advertisement

Justice Sai explained that certified copies of these documents had been served on each of the accused persons, making it unrealistic for the evidence to be lost in a way that could affect the trial.

He further revealed that before the courts went on legal vacation on July 31, the first prosecution witness had already testified and been cross-examined by lawyers for three of the accused persons.

The trial is expected to continue in mid-October when the courts return from the legal break.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

MoGCSP extends urgent support to victims of land dispute clashes

The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has provided relief to families displaced by violent land dispute clashes in Gbenyiri in the Sawla-Tuna-Kalba District of the Savannah Region.

The conflict, which occurred on Wednesday, August 27, 2025, left several people dead and forced many women, children, and households to seek refuge at a temporary camp managed by the Ghana Red Cross at the Sawla District Police Headquarters.

Leading the delegation, Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection, Dr. Agnes Naa Momo Lartey, distributed cooked meals and water to the victims and assured them of government’s continued support.

She said the Ministry would activate emergency interventions under the Social Protection Act, including food relief, psychosocial services, and protection measures to safeguard the vulnerable.

The Minister emphasised government’s commitment to restoring dignity and hope to affected families, stressing that women, children, and the elderly must not bear the heaviest burden of conflict.

Advertisement

She expressed gratitude to President John Dramani Mahama for prioritizing vulnerable populations and commended the Ghana School Feeding Secretariat and its caterers for mobilizing meals quickly for the displaced.

As part of her mission, Dr. Lartey, accompanied by the Savannah Regional Minister, paid a courtesy call on the Sawlawura to strengthen collaboration with traditional and regional authorities.

She urged calm, encouraging all parties to resolve the conflict peacefully through dialogue.

The Ministry is working with the Savannah Regional Security Council (REGSEC), NADMO, the Ghana Red Cross, and other partners to ensure continuous delivery of food, shelter, and essential services until normalcy is restored.

By: Jacob Aggrey

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending